It's James. Shhhh, I hijacked Rebecca's blog. Pardon the interruption. This should be quick, and we'll get you back to the regularly scheduled programming. Rebecca is awesome! Seriously, her awesomeness is surpassed only by her hotness. Who's with me on this?!
She just crossed humpday for the trip (based on our 5 week target/hope), so we are counting down the days. Alice, Lucy and I are going to make a paper chain tonight with 18 links on it so we can tear one off each day until she and Kirabo come home. We originally planned on 6 weeks, but things have gone well enough so far, that we let ourselves get sucked in to an optimistic 5 weeks target. Cross your fingers. Anyway, 19 days since leaving home and not a single complaint, not a single discouraging word, not a single frowney face from Rebecca. Nothing but beautiful smiles and contagious optimism. She is kicking this thing's butt. She's leaning into it and taking it like a man...ehem...woman! Keep on keeping on, Rebecca!
Lucy (3) and Alice (5) have been little heroes through this, as they've held down the fort on the home front. They've had a half-dozen different people looking after them at one point or another, and they have just totally rolled with the punches. Sure there's a tear or two here or there, but for the most part it's been stiff upper lips all the way around. Alice has been adamant that she does not miss anyone. Of course, her insistence is belied by the trembling voice, pouty bottom lip and "watering" eyes whenver she talks about mom. But don't be fooled, she doesn't miss anyone (*emoticon with one of those winking eyes*).
For me it has actually been a bit of a unique treat to spend so much 2:1 time with the two little girls. We are having a lot of fun! Tea parties and dress-ups galore.
(you can't see my princess outfit and tiara because I'm taking the picture...you'll just have to use your imagination)
And don't feel bad for me. My mom and dad are coming in town this weekend and we're going to the BYU/SJSU football game on Saturday following by 49ers vs. Bears in the suite on Monday night! All is well!
Finish strong Rebecca! No regrets, leave it all on the field. Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. I love you!
This is Carma - I too hijacked Becca's account (but only to be here in case Kirabo wakes up from his nap while Becca is down signing the passport!! Yay!) I love every word you said James and totally agree - she is the most amazing woman that I know and luckily she's my sister and I love her to pieces!!!
ReplyDeleteJames - I think you are mighty awesome as well. I know work is busy and being gone for several weeks with the adoption and staying home with kids is well...busy too!! :) I am having a great time imagining the tiara and princess gown though.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Steve and Margaret will be there to help for the next little while. And I'm super excited the 6 weeks will hopefully be just 5 weeks.
Rebecca does excel in everything she does... I'm not surprised at all that she is handling this so well and is making this such a positive experience. There was/is so much unknown in adopting oversees and I am just so happy all is going so well. Can't wait for Kirabo to be back in your home with all the siblings and mom and dad as a complete family unit. How blessed we are to be a small part of your extended family and this exciting journey! Lots of Love to you guys!