our family at the moment

our family at the moment
our family at the moment

Monday, November 5, 2012

Learning about Kirabo


First a quick update: We spent the morning getting yet another TB test for Kirabo, this time for the embassy.  Then went to the hospital to turn in his samples to check for parasites (not my favorite moment of the experience…) and to pick up the rest of the tests they took last week.  After waiting 2 hours, we were seen.  The results were normal for most everything except a parasite and an amoeba.  He is getting treated for amoebas which cause lethargy among other not so pleasant things which we have experienced J  We are looking forward to getting that all cleared up!  Then, we headed for a good old fashion “westernish” café and got Kirabo his first milkshake!  He loved it!  He wouldn’t stop eating his fries and see below to what he did with my onion rings!  It was a very funny lunch.

A few things we are learning about Kirabo:

He gives the best high fives of anyone I have ever met!  He just whacks you every time!

He loves loves loves his ball.  A ball is called Mupira and his favorite thing to do is kick it and dribble it.  He practices all the time.

He is very determined.  He works really hard to do everything he does.  He will work and work to practice dribbling a ball, get his underpants right side out after taking them off, taking several minutes to dry his hands making sure there is not a drop of water left off, etc.

He is incredibly neat.  He will take a few times making sure his shoes are perfectly straight.  When he wakes up, he will fold his blankey and try several times to get it folded perfectly and then will lay it neatly at the foot of the bed.  Finally, someone as OCD as me in the family!  Coincidentally, my mom tells stories of me taking several minutes to straighten my step stool after using it so it was perfectly straight!  He certainly is a boy after my own heart!

He has the babiest cry I’ve ever heard.  It makes us chuckle every time.  He will so much as bump himself and then he falls apart in these baby sobs.  James will try everything to calm him down and he is inconsolable.  He’ll say, “lets go to Mommy,” and Kirabo will run for me and literally all it takes is the briefest of hugs and he runs off in all smiles.  It’s pretty funny. 

He loves to wrestle with James proving once again he fits perfectly into our family.  He will go and jump on James and fall into hysterics.  It is so wonderful to watch him just giggle and giggle.  He has the greatest laugh.  He then loves to run the length of the room into my arms and then I lift him up and give him hugs.  He rotates between the two of us.

He is at the same time as ticklish as could possibly be but somehow, when he shuts down and withdraws, no matter how hard we try, he is completely un ticklish.  I wish I could figure out how to just turn my “ticklish” off!

When he laughs he scruntches up his face and juts his bottom jaw forward, it’s hilarious.

He has no idea what a kiss is and since I can’t seem to stop kissing all my kids I have been teaching him J  He sort of smacks his lips so he is not very close, but we are working on it!

Kirabo clicks his tongue when he is happy.  We look forward to that sound.  Often it happens when we are in a quiet place just chilling.

We are looking forward to adding to this list!

He loves his new Ugandan Football jersey and tries to wear it everyday!
He plays with my phone and holds it to his ear and says "Hulloooo?"  It's so cute.

5 comments:

  1. Bec and James, I am so incredibly happy for you both. Kirabo is beautiful, and you can tell he is so special and strong. He is such a perfect addition to your wonderful, loving family. So thrilled to hear the process is all going so smoothly. He is so blessed to have you as parents. You two are so amazing. So happy to be able to read your updates. Can't wait for the next one. Love you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! First time he's not wearing his BYU attire (except his Sunday suit). Glad you're getting him off to the right allegiance! Glad I finally learned how to sign up and now I can comment online. Thanks to Kelly -- my computer tutor. What a journey you're all on and we feel lots of joy from you. Bon Voyage (as we say in French)
    Love you all,
    M and D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirabo is so darling. I am very touched by this process. You guys are incredible parents, and I find it so beautiful to see God in the details of your remarkable journey.
    Love to you all,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad and I are so thrilled with your journey and reading and learning all about our wonderful new grandson Kirabo!! You truly are fabulouse parents. We ae are also loving helping at home and being with your children often. You are a fabulouse family to bring Kirabo into our world and give him a wonderful life. He really fits in well. Love and Hugs. Mom and dad and grandma and grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure when the appropriate time is to ask how tall we think he might be...with those dribbling skills I'm thinking BYU basketball.
    Can't wait to meet the little guy.

    ReplyDelete