Ok, We've been out running around for 12 hours and then have been working through the night getting organized for our memorial celebration tomorrow for Angela, Kirabo's mother, so we are exhausted! BUT I wanted to give you the quick and dirty update without delay...Our visa application was accepted and it is official, Kirabo is ours! We pick up his visa Wednesday and travel home Saturday on our originally scheduled flight, 5 weeks to the day we arrived. Hooray! So many things went our way today, we truly felt blessed and could tell there were many people on the home front sending prayers and well wishes our way. More details to follow.
We have another long day ahead of us tomorrow, but this time it will be full of celebration. We have tried to send word out among his village to distant family members as well as those who looked out for Kirabo along the way. We are looking forward to taking many pictures and collecting as much information about his family as possible!
Thanks for everything!
YAY!! we are SOOO happy. I am still going to be nervous until you are safe in Cali.. But such good news. We are so happy for your family to be all together again. I can't imagine how hard it's been on all of you! CONGRATS again.
ReplyDeleteHooray for all of you!!! You deserve it! You and James are so generous to be doing a memorial for Angela. Leave it to you two to think of something so thoughtful. Love you all! Can't wait until you are all home together!
ReplyDeleteYAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! What a lucky little boy to have his angels on earth and in heaven looking out for him! Enjoy the celebration tomorrow--you have earned it and are lovely to honor them all in this way. XOXO
ReplyDeleteI should have read this post first, but I wanted to begin where I left off last time. When I read about the judge and attorneys and visas and embassy's, I was getting upset. I finally got to the good news and I almost got misty eyed...it's probably allergies. When I read these stories and imagine what you are all going through, I get emotional. I'm proud of James and Rebecca, I'm so excited for Kirabo, and I'm jealous of the adventure. Can't wait to hear all about it while we're all eating chips and salsa.
ReplyDeleteYESSSSSSSS! Very happy for you and for us.
ReplyDeleteHooray! Hooray! Hooray! So happy to welcome our newest Nadauld. Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteI'm getting caught up backwards! What a fantastic day! Hazel still isn't legally ours - one more month and I'm counting the days.
ReplyDelete